Black Pearl® Waterproofing Systems
Cold Applied Rubberized Asphalt Waterproofing
Black Pearl membranes are “true waterproofing,” unlike common roofing “weatherproofing.” Black Pearl Systems maintain their watertight integrity and prevent the passage of liquid under dynamic, static, continuous, or intermittent hydrostatic pressure. Weatherproofing typically does not.
Black Pearl Systems
- Below Grade (e.g. Foundation Walls, Mud Slabs, Blindside Walls,
Lagging, Sheet Piling, Tunnels and Underground Structures)
- On Grade (e.g. Plazas, Parking and Bridge Decks)
- Above Grade (e.g. Protected Membrane and Vegetative Roofs.)
- Engineered to be installed on fresh “green” concrete, eliminating typical 28 day curing periods and the expense of curing agents.
- Can be installed at 0°F as a cold process, unheated application
while still providing genuine elastomeric waterproofing.
- Black Pearl components are an “all season” system that
eliminates the need for three separate seasonal grades of
material and the problems associated with multiple formulas.
- Electronic leak detection (ELD) compatible to ensure
watertightness (ASTM D-5957).
- Concrete substrate finishes should be in accordance with ASTM D-5295 guide.
- Does not require cants, swales, or crickets, further reducing costs and providing faster application.
- The mass of the extra thick membrane provides improved damage resistance from jobsite abuse.
Black Pearl Waterproofing Membrane (BP•WM)
- Made with polyester and integral longitudinal fiberglass strands
set in the machine direction.
- The dynamic fabric combination provides polyester’s high
puncture and tear resistance complemented by the tensile
strength and stability of fiberglass.
- The geotextile fabric is impregnated and coated with the same
rubberized asphaltic matrix as Black Pearl Primer•Adhesive for
100% compatibility and high performance.
Black Pearl Primer•Adhesive (BP•PA)
- Black Pearl uses four rubber modifiers, butyl, neoprene, SIS
and SBS mixed with a premium unoxidized unaged asphalt.
- The combination provides aggressive full adhesion to the
substrate and chemically fuses with Black Pearl Sheets to form
a thick, semi-monolithic waterproofing membrane.
- Black Pearl prevents the passage of liquid water between the membrane and concrete substrates and it resists root
penetration and deterioration from identified chemical exposure.
- The Primer•Adhesive is made with Naptha V.M.&P Rule 66
solvent that is compliant with all current applicable OSHA and
EPA regulations as well as CA Proposition 65.
- Competetively priced and economical installation cost.
Superior Strength, Flexibility, Performance, Longevity, Durability,
Security, Convenience and Versatility
Learn more about Black Pearl Waterproofing Systems
Click on the appropriate link to download documents. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
NOTE : In order to view PDF documents, you must download Adobe's free copy of Acrobat Reader. Click here to download.